Memotoo
API / Intefaces communications with MemotooRSS Feed
Announce your API, discuss how to develop your plugins, ...
API documentation
Informations:
Number of messages: 36
Number of posts: 97
Last posted: 2023-09-05 - 09:19
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Synchronization with a CardDAV server that does some validation of contacts.RSS Feed

Michal Fronczyk

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2012-12-13 - 03:36

Hi guys,

What will happen if I try to synchronize my iCloud account and some other accounts, with a CardDAV account that does some validation of contacts being inserted? The server rejects contacts that have an email address that equals to some other already entered contact email, or limits the length of contact's first name.

If I add a contact that is invalid from the perspective of the CardDAV server to iCloud (iCloud accepts everything), what will happen after the contact is pushed to my CardDAV server? The server won't add the contact. Does it mean that the contact will be deleted from iCloud and all other account eventually?

Thanks,
Michal

1 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2012-12-18 - 17:16     Subject: Re: Re: Synchronization with a CardDAV server that does some validation of contacts.

Hi Michal

Can you send me your login by email at webmaster@memotoo.com, to see what is wrong ?

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post