Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Yahoo Task / Todo - sync behaviour - default setting "Normal" and not "Important"RSS Feed

???

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2017-09-10 - 18:35

Yahoo Task / Todo - sync behaviour - default setting "Normal" and not "Important"

New tasks synced from Google Calendar (Todo) will be created in Yahoo Calendar as Task List with the priority set to "Important" instead to "Normal".

I just noticed that it is still the case. In the past this was causing problems and tasks created in Yahoo with the priority set to "Normal" where not synchronized to Google.

Other services have other standardization for priority e.g. Low / Normal / High.

I haven't noticed issues with other services since I don't use but Yahoo-Google sync was causing issues in the past.

There are still some occasions when significant duplication happens e.g. tasks get duplicated multiple times over in Google Tasks in the long run (e.g. over several month duplication can happen once or twice).

Not sure if it is related to the priority setting but the priority setting was definitively cause for tasks not getting synced from yahoo to google in the past.

I am not reporting a bug at this time because I don't know if that's still an issue, however, I just wonder if anybody else has similar experience.

Overall the sync service got better over the years. I remember it was unreliable for Yahoo Tasks sync a few years back so that's where I stopped using it in the past. We'll see, it seems it works more reliably now.

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post