Bugs / BoguesRSS Feed
You have noticed bugs, anomalies, then report them here
Informations:
Number of messages: 1066
Number of posts: 4057
Last posted: 2024-01-11 - 21:26
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Contact repeats itselfRSS Feed

???

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2017-05-01 - 09:58

Hi. I have a strange situation, and I'm not sure of the cause.

My setup is:
- a Windows 10 PC running Thunderbird, and I use TZ-Push to synchronise my address book with Memotoo
- my Memotoo account
- an Android phone, which uses ContactSync to synchronise my contacts with Memotoo

For one particular contact, I constantly have multiple copies of her in my address book, but it's inconsistent.

Some of the copies have a phone number, some don't. Some have my notes included, some have the notes but with different formatting (specifically with/without line breaks), and some don't have notes.

Additionally, the number of contacts differs between device. This contact currently appears 9 times in my Memotoo address book, 4 times in my Thunderbird address book, and as 1 contact in my phone (but with two sets of notes, which might mean the phone is aggregating multiple contacts? not very familiar with how contacts are managed).

I've tried a couple of things in the past, including: deleting all but 1 contact; merging all contacts; and deleting them all, and adding a new one. It seems to still create the same strange result.

As I say, I don't know where the problem lies, but are you able to help out? Cheers.

2 Replie(s)
Henk

smile Posted 2017-05-01 - 14:19     Subject: Re: Contact repeats itself

I'm evaluating similar contacts syncing.
My experience is that TZ-Push causes problems quite some times. Contacts may get out of sync or duplicated in Thunderbird. Therefore I use the Inverse SOGo Connector.
As a test you could try to replace TZ-Push by the Inverse SOGo Connector.

On my Samsung S6 Android phone I use Nine - Outlook for Android. There you can keep the address book in Nine only or couple it with the phone address book. It is a great App! Rating 4.5 in the Google Play store. It uses Exchange Active Sync. Even categories are synced.
You'r using ContactSync. It has a low rating of 3.5, some warnings and a last update from November 11th 2009 !
For a CardDAV sync I have also installed CardDAV-Sync and the JB Workaround CardDAV-Sync. A good rating of 4.6 and up to date. It works fine integrated with the phone's address book. I'm only missing the categories and having it as a separate address book.
As a first step I would eliminate ContactSync.

Good luck.

???

smile Posted 2017-05-02 - 01:41     Subject: Re: Re: Contact repeats itself

Thanks Henk. I haven't tried the Inverse SoGo Connector - I'll wait to see what Thomas suggests, but may have a look at that... Good to hear of a positive review for that option.

As for ContactSync, apologies, I didn't realise there were two apps with the same name. You're referring to this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.happydroid.contacts
However, I'm using this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vcard.android

4.6 rating, active development and a very responsive developer - I've had support from her on several issues, and I've found the app to be excellent thus far.

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post