New features for MemotooRSS Feed
You have ideas and desires to improve service
Informations:
Number of messages: 441
Number of posts: 1468
Last posted: 2023-01-15 - 10:20
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Adding birthdays from contacts to calendarRSS Feed

Andreas

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2012-11-09 - 13:46

Hi,

it is already possible to show birthdays from contacts in the calendar. Would it also be possible to add them to the calendar? In this way they could be synced too. This could be helpful since some phones (including my Nokia 701) do not show the birthdays from the addressbook in the calendar.

Best regards.

Andreas

5 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2012-11-13 - 14:36     Subject: Re: Re: Adding birthdays from contacts to calendar

Hi Andreas

Yes you can do this, go to the settings of your calendar and click "Yes" for "Add birthdays as events?":
https://www.memotoo.com/en/my-calendar.php?rub=prefs

Andreas

smile Posted 2012-11-13 - 21:26     Subject: Re: Adding birthdays from contacts to calendar

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the hint. Seems that I have only checked the addressbook settings and not does for the calendar. Nice to have this option available.

Thanks and best regards.

Andreas

Andreas

smile Posted 2012-11-14 - 10:12     Subject: Re: Adding birthdays from contacts to calendar

Hi Thomas,

now I checked the option in more detail and I recognized a few things.
First of all there is a typo in the category. It is called 'Brithdays' instead of 'Birthdays' or 'Birthday'. Furthermore, the year of the start and end date of the event is set to the year of birth. But for all birthsday prior to 1970 it is set to 1970 instead of the actual year of birth. It is not a big deal since the event is repeated every year and the real year of birth is given in the title and the description. But I realsized it while sorting the events in TB.
When I added a birthday to one of the contacts on my mobile and did the sync with memotoo the birthday was correctly added to the contact on memotoo. But it was not automatically added as new event in the calendar. To reach this I first had to uncheck the "Add birthdays as events?" option in the calendar settings. This removed all birthday events. After checking the option again all birthdays, including the new one, were add to the calendar. Is this the normal way how it works or should new birthdays be automatically added?

Best regards.

Andreas

smile Posted 2012-11-21 - 11:25     Subject: Re: Re: Adding birthdays from contacts to calendar

Thanks for the wrong word "Brithdays", I have corrected it

Yes it is a limitation for the birthdays before 1970, the event start in 1970...

If you have new birthday in your contacts, click on the icon in your calendar to update the birthdays: https://www.memotoo.com/my-calendar.php

Andreas

smile Posted 2012-11-22 - 07:31     Subject: Re: Re: Adding birthdays from contacts to calendar

Thanks Thomas

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post