New features for MemotooRSS Feed
You have ideas and desires to improve service
Informations:
Number of messages: 441
Number of posts: 1468
Last posted: 2023-01-15 - 10:20
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

automatic CardDAV-sync possible?RSS Feed

Oliver

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2012-08-15 - 07:57

Hi,

would it be possible to have an automatic cardDAV-sync, just as the automatic calDAV-sync? I didn't find anything like that (but may have failed to see it in the options).

Thanks!

7 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2012-08-19 - 17:54     Subject: Re: automatic CardDAV-sync possible?

Hi Oliver

You want sync a CardDAV server with Memotoo ?
What is the server ?

Oliver

smile Posted 2012-08-19 - 19:14     Subject: Re: Re: automatic CardDAV-sync possible?

Yes, that was my intention, have an automatic sync of the address book data of Memotoo with another (CardDav-)server. I'll send you the exact server data via email!

Jens

smile Posted 2012-08-25 - 15:32     Subject: Re: Re: automatic CardDAV-sync possible?

Dear Thomas,

i face a similar problem. In my ideal world I searched for a 1:1 replication between my 10.6.8 adressbook server and memotoo. As this was not available I did a different trial - just to see whether this works and synced between Memotoo and a local addressbook on my Mac.

I was able to connect my local addressbook on my mac with memo too as described here on your site. However, it seems that the syncing works only in one direction. And there is only one group called "address book" that is synced towards the mac. All the other groups not.

Even worse, whenever I try to add a new entry on the mac addressbook, it shows up for some seconds and is then gone (on the mac). In memotoo I can find this record later in the overall adress list but not in the group "address book" (the one that's synced with the mac).

So what I need is a 1:1 replication between my standard adressbook server on my mac server 10.6.8 and memo too. Including all groups, etc. Is this possible?

Best regards,
Jens

smile Posted 2012-08-29 - 16:17     Subject: Re: Re: automatic CardDAV-sync possible?

Hi Jens

The 1:1 replication between 10.6.8 adressbook server and memotoo is the CardDAV sync:
https://www.memotoo.com/how-to-sync-your-apple-iphone.php?buttonSelected=carddav

The groups are synced, they are not in "On my Mac", but in a address book named "Memotoo":

Jens

smile Posted 2012-08-30 - 22:06     Subject: Re: automatic CardDAV-sync possible?

Dear Thomas,

I'm not sure whether I can follow your idea. Here is my setup: I have a fully fledged 10.6.8 Server with an addressbook-server-app running. There is one user "public" who stores all contacts we are using in our company. All individual Macs are now linked to this one user and are logging into the server with this id.

1. Question: Where and how shall I connect to memotoo? On the server? How? through the addressbook application running on the server?

2. Question: I'm able to connect to Memotoo through the local addressbook application running on the local Macs. However there are no groups available besides the group "Addressbook".

Really confused,
Jens

smile Posted 2012-08-31 - 09:04     Subject: Re: Re: automatic CardDAV-sync possible?

Hi Jens

1. Ok I understand now, you want sync a CardDAV server. I have just added this feature here now:
https://www.memotoo.com/how-to-sync-a-carddav-server.php

2. Strange that you do not see the groups in AddressBook... Can you send me a screenshot to webmaster@memotoo.com to see ?

Oliver

smile Posted 2012-09-01 - 08:04     Subject: Re: automatic CardDAV-sync possible?

Automatic CardDAV-sync now works for me. Great, thanks!!

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post