New features for MemotooRSS Feed
You have ideas and desires to improve service
Informations:
Number of messages: 441
Number of posts: 1468
Last posted: 2023-01-15 - 10:20
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

select one category by deleting standard categoryRSS Feed

Rainer

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2011-08-23 - 21:22

Hi!
Since several months I am not happy with the pull-down menu of categories. Before some changings all categories were shown immediately with the pull-down, just ready to check one of them.
At the moment 1. not all catogories are shown, but only 3 or 4 of them. To get the others visible, I have to scroll.
2. Because I use this every time I want check another category instead of the standard one, it is very uncomfortable that I first have to uncheck the standard. Months ago the former checked category was automatically unchecked while checking another one.
It would be very nice to come back to the old - in my eyes better - version!!!
Thank You!

2 Replie(s)
Oddity8

smile Posted 2011-08-25 - 10:49     Subject: Re: select one category by deleting standard category

I agree with Rainer, but only on point 1.

Since the introduction of the new category selection the dropdown list of categories is indeed very short showing only 4 categories at the time. It would be very nice if this list would grow depending on the number of categories you have, with a maximum of 10 or 15 or so visible categories before scrolling is needed.

About point 2: The idea of the new selection method is to be able to assign multiple categories to an item (note, event, ...) which seems very usefull to me. When you do not want the default category assigned to a new item you would have to deselect it and then select the correct category for the item. Although I understand this may be inconvenient some times, the best way to get rid of that behavior is resetting the default category (in settings of notes/calendar..) to none.

Another option would be for the developer to add an option for users to choose whether they would like to use the multiple category selection method or rather use the 'old' single category selection.

Rainer

smile Posted 2011-08-25 - 11:18     Subject: Re: select one category by deleting standard category

@Oddity8
Your suggestions about point 2 seem right to me. I follow setting standard to "none". And it would be very comfortable to have the possibility to select between "multiple category selection method or rather use the 'old' single category selection".

Memotoo Cloud Add Memotoo widgets to iGoogleiGoogle, NetvibesNetvibes.com, Windows VistaWindows Vista, Apple DashboardMac OS X, ...
Learn more ยป
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post