Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 683
Number of posts: 2354
Last posted: 2024-02-09 - 19:57
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Why I stopped using MemotooRSS Feed

TJBsync

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2017-03-18 - 22:49

Memotoo has provided excellent service for the last two years, so I think it's only fair to say why I'm leaving.

(1) Client issues with the official client on the new phone. (a) It's neither open-source nor on Fdroid, so no updates. (b) Every sync wants to upload the entire calendar. That means 5510 events. The sync doesn't finish before the next sync is scheduled. (c) I use several different calendars to separate who I share events with. But the client collapses them all into one.

(2) Client issues with DavDroid. (a) Contacts "sync" but remain empty, (b) notes don't sync at all. This is a known server-side config issue specific to Memotoo. https://www.memotoo.com/forum/msg-4-7740-DAVdroid-calDAV-and-cardDAV-sync-not-wo...

(3) Privacy concerns. Data that doesn't leave my home network doesn't end up in a dragnet. And I can verify that.

https://www.memotoo.com/forum/msg-4-7740-DAVdroid-calDAV-and-cardDAV-sync-not-wo...

1 Replie(s)
???

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2017-03-23 - 04:27     Subject: Re: Why I stopped using Memotoo

May I ask what you'll be switching to instead? I'm pretty happy with my last couple of years with Memotoo, but always keen to know what else is out there.

Memotoo Cloud My Calendar Schedule an event with your contacts
Sunday 19 Monday 20
Yes No
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post