Memotoo
Questions about how use MemotooRSS Feed
You wonder how it works, what is the usefulness of Memotoo.com, ...
Informations:
Number of messages: 683
Number of posts: 2354
Last posted: 2024-02-09 - 19:57
Number of posts not read since your last visit: 0
Bookmark and Share
Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post

Memotoo stopped syncing with my Apple CalendarRSS Feed

???

Translate this message to:
BulgarianChinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechEnglishFinnishFrancaisGermanGreek
HindiItalianJapaneseNederlandsNorwegianPortugueseRussianSpanishSwedish
smile Posted 2015-10-25 - 23:02

My Apple calendar and Memotoo stopped syncing after working fine for almost a year. I did upgrade to El Capitan and may have had something to do with it.

Memotoo Cloud My Address Book Ask my contacts to update their information

8 Replie(s)
Thomas - Webmaster Memotoo

smile Posted 2015-10-26 - 17:54     Subject: Re: Memotoo stopped syncing with my Apple Calendar

Your sync with iCloud seems to work fine.

a sad mac user

smile Posted 2015-11-11 - 11:53     Subject: Re: Re: Memotoo stopped syncing with my Apple Calendar

I experience the same problem after upgrading to El Capitan. It probably has to do with changes introduced by apple in El Captina as other CardDAV services such as owncloud also experience problems (see https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7256481?start=15&tstart=0 for discussions). In my case, the AddressBookSourceSync service on my Mac is filling the system log with [CardDAVPlugin-ERROR] messages saying that it has problems handling adds and modifications as the vCards it receives from memotoo are not supported. Do you see this in the memotoo server logs as constant queries? The workaround Thomas proposes to use iCloud directly is not my preferred option as I didn't want to disclose my complete address book to apple, which is one of the main reasons to use memotoo in the first place. Any other suggestions, Thomas? Or do we have to wait until mighty Apple is willing to fix problems at their end? Maybe Apple should spend more of that money they receive from their customers to eliminate bugs rather than filling their stock portfolio with it.

???

smile Posted 2015-11-11 - 16:41     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Memotoo stopped syncing with my Apple Calendar

Thanks for confirming the situation with El Capitan, which I suspected. My Memotoo subscription is up this week and I am going to let it run out. I'll come back if it ever gets fixed.

a sad mac user

smile Posted 2015-11-11 - 23:55     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Memotoo stopped syncing with my Apple Calendar

It's bad if the giants like Apple and Google don't adhere to industry standards like CardDav and CalDav making it difficult for companies like memotoo to keep up with the 'exceptions' those big players introduce. So what other options are you considering at the minute?

smile Posted 2015-11-18 - 08:57     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Memotoo stopped syncing with my Apple Calendar

Hi

I have tried to sync CardDAV with Mac OS X "El Capitan" and it works for me ...
Can you send me a screenshot of your error (at webmaster@memotoo.com) of your error "[CardDAVPlugin-ERROR]" ?

a sad mac user

smile Posted 2015-12-12 - 13:54     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Memotoo stopped syncing with my Apple Calendar

Sorry, Thomas, but I have just now seen your reply. I upgraded to 10.11.2 and the problem still persists. I could configure the CardDav as described for Memotoo and addresses seem to download OK, but modifications are slow and most of the time don't sync with the server.

Did you have a fresh install of El Capitan or an upgrade? Did you take a peek at the system log yourself (using Applications -> Utilities -> Console)? Did you take a look at these posts that propose a fix on the server side?

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/209052/el-capitan-after-upgrade-mac-won...
https://www.ionas-server.com/blog/kontaktsynchronisation-mac-os-el-capitan-carddav/ (German)

I will send you the log message to the specified email address shortly so that you can hopefully offer a fix.

smile Posted 2015-12-14 - 11:37     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Memotoo stopped syncing with my Apple Calendar

Hello Kurt

Ok I have found the problem, try again now it will work fine.

The problem came from a bug with a contact shared and not from El Capitan.

a sad mac user

smile Posted 2015-12-15 - 14:19     Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Memotoo stopped syncing with my Apple Calendar

After fixing several bugs with my addresses everything seems to work fine now. I can now edit on both sides and changes get propagated as expected. Only opening a contact in edit mode on the Mac is rather slow, but that's OK for now and has probably nothing to do with Memotoo. Thanks for your efforts, Thomas.

Return to the forum - Forums list - Reply to this post - New message - Search a postSearch a post